Frequently Asked Questions
- Why shouldn't I just buy a set of books and study on my own? By all means, you can purchase a set of review books for the MCAT, but a set of books alone, will not adequately prepare you for the MCAT. We have taken everything you would need and bundled it in a package that is an affordable and effective review course. Period. Check out the About Us page to read about the founder (Sage) and why NuevoPrep was created.
- Can you list out everything that is included in the course? The course provided by NuevoPrep includes the following: (1) NuevoPrep content review questions (~ 3,500), (2) NuevoPrep mini MCAT exams (~ 225), (3) 6 additional full length practice exams by Kaplan and The Princeton Review.
- What makes NuevoPrep better than the other guys? $199 seems too low. In our humble opinion, we are the best alternative to other prep companies. Our approach to the MCAT is unique, in which we initially focus on content review with incremental steps along with daily passage practice. No other company offers a comprehensive review plan like ours. We do not give you insanely long review sessions or require you to go to 3 hour lectures. Our curated material test your knowledge in strategic steps without the hassle of lengthy and unnecessary lectures. Our strategies are applicable to all test takers because they were actually developed by those who have previously studied for the MCAT. $599 may seem low, but it has not affected the quality. We're simply tired of seeing people paying too much.
- Do you provide video lessons? Yes and no. To keep the enrollment cost low, we opted out on the production of videos because Khan Academy has created an excellent companion site with a comprehensive set of videos. Instead, we have integrated the videos by Khan Academy in our lessons so you do not have to waste time finding the videos that correspond to our lessons.
- What if I do not have a set of books? No worries! You can rent a set of books from us for $50 to keep for 3 months.
- Do I really need 6 practice exams? The AAMC full lengths are the most valuable practice exams you have. The Kaplan/Princeton Review exams will be used to build testing stamina by initially taking half exams and then transitioning into full lengths.
- How long does the course last? When should I take the MCAT? It depends. You have access to everything for up to six months, but the preliminary content review is designed to last 10 weeks, followed by 4 weeks of exam practice. You should allow yourself around 14 weeks to prepare.
- Is there a free trial? Sure! Sign up as if you were going to pay while indicating you would like a free trial.